Dr John White was the Founder of E-Synergy, London-based venture capital management company and instrumental in creating Rivers Capital Partners, Finance Tree's sister company in 2009. He is currently on the Board of Directors for Finance Tree and Chairman of Rivers Capital Partners.
As CEO of Thorn EMI Patents John led the MBO of Thorn EMI Central Research Laboratories, successfully floating the buy-out vehicle, Scipher, on the main London Stock Exchange in February 2000 at a capitalisation of €450m.
He developed over 20 spinout companies from Scipher technology and has special expertise in exploiting commercial value from intellectual property (IP) in the USA, Europe , Japan, China, Singapore and South Korea.
Finance Tree specialises in the following IP services:
- patent review and assessment;
- patent strategy planning;
- advice on format and shape of a license agreement*;
- commerical IP strategy and advice;
- strategies for enforcing and commercialisation of IPR
- recommending specialist IP lawyers.
*PLEASE NOTE: advice through Finance Tree's IP services is on a commerical basis and you will need a qualified IP lawyer to write your license agreement.